Atlanta is a fantastic destination for families and those with children. With its rich history, unique cultural cuisines, and must-see attractions, you’ll never run out of fall events to attend. Peachtree Building Group has compiled a list of family-friendly activities for every budget and age group. This way, everyone can join in on the fun!
Fall Festivals and Activities to Welcome the Season
Celebrate Halloween During Boo at the Zoo!
EVENT DATE(S): October 21, 22, 28 and 29; 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Bring your little ones in costume to the zoo! Each year during the last two weekends of October, Zoo Atlanta hosts “Boo at the Zoo!” an exciting event for kids with costumed characters, candy, themed entertainment, photo opportunities, and more! Bring your kids for a few hours of trick-or-treating around the zoo with their favorite animals as the most impressive backdrop.
Visit a Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze
It’s time to prepare for spooky season! One of the season’s most beloved family activities is back. Plus, there is no better way to make the holiday family-friendly than adding cute pumpkins to your decorations. Oakland Cemetery and Ponce City Market are great locations for an unconventional pumpkin find and a unique photo opportunity. Traditional patches like Uncle Shuck’s Corn Maze and Southern Belle Farm are perfect for a full day of activities your kids will love. Check out this list of pumpkin patch locations around Atlanta and beyond! Go Apple Picking in North Georgia
Visit a North Georgia apple orchard! After picking your pumpkin, are you still looking for more activities with edible treats? In North Georgia, there are several orchards with thousands of apples ripe for the taking.
- Hillcrest Orchard is just 1.5 hours away from Atlanta. Aside from annual apple picking, the orchard includes other fantastic activities like swimming pig races, cow milking, a petting farm, wagon rides, giant slides, trike rides, corn hole, a fairy tale trail, and much more! The farm market is open daily, where you can buy homemade apple cider donuts and fried apple pies.
- Mercier Orchard is also 1.5 hours outside of Atlanta, and they offer tractor tours and U-pick options for apples and fresh produce throughout the year. There is a hard cider winery and a large market with homemade goods that parents like to explore.
Take a Walk in the Park and Enjoy the Fall Foliage
Explore a nearby park and enjoy the fall colors! Georgia is known for its impressive scenery and lush green mountains. During the fall season, the landscape transforms into breathtaking orange, red, and yellow blooms. Places like Chattahoochee Nature Center, Grant Park, Piedmont Park, and Westside Park are the perfect locations to take a walk, snap pictures, and peek at the colorful foliage.
Visit Stone Mountain Park for Seasonal Festivals
Stone Mountain Park has year-round attractions such as the 4-D Theatre, Dinotorium, Scenic Railroad, and Summit Skyride. They are also known for their unique, culture-focused festivals. Some of the highlights include the following:
- Pumpkin Festival: Play by Day Glow by Night –A spooky nighttime experience for families with storybook character activities, the New Pumpkin Drone Show, and a nighttime parade featuring the world’s largest Pumpkin Light Show.
- Stone Mountain Highland Games – This October weekend event celebrates Scottish heritage with bagpipe band competitions, harping and fiddling, country dances, Scottish foods and drinks, and other Celtic performers.
- Native American Festival and Pow Wow – This 4-day event showcases Native American culture through inter-tribal dance and drum competitions, craft demonstrations, cooking, storytelling, wildlife presentations, and more.
Prepare for Fall with Peachtree Building Group
With this list of fall events for the family in metro Atlanta, we know you will enjoy what this season has to offer in the months ahead. Peachtree Building Group builds homes in vibrant, safe communities in metro Atlanta, so you don’t have to be too far from the fun. Contact an agent to learn more about our available, move-in-ready homes and live promotions!